Sunday, June 5, 2011

Yay! My Fluff Arrived!!

So, Saturday was a big day for me.

1. I finally managed to sleep the entire night Friday, only waking up to pee and blow my nose a couple of times. This was huge for me. Apparently, pregnancy messes with you in more ways than you can imagine, and difficulty sleeping has been at the top of my pregnancy "complaint list" since somewhere around week 11 or 12 (though luckily, I haven't really had many other problems so far). It was awesome to get almost 9 hours of sleep...seriously.

2. My mom and I were able to finalize my baby registry at Target. I had been working on it online for the most part, and it was mostly finished, but I still needed to get into a store to add some of the smaller items - receiving blankets, booties, bottles, sleep n plays, and the like. The selection on those things vary so much from store to store that I wanted to make sure I added things that would be available here locally. I have to admit, it was pretty fun!!

So, I am officially registered now. Most of our registry is at Target, but we have some cloth diapering essentials that we still need on a registry at Kellys Closet (kellyscloset.com).

3. Finally - last but definitely not least - my "fluff" (cloth diapers) arrived in the mail! Today, I received some cloth wipes (yes, we are going with reusable wipes - they are way less expensive over the course of several years, work equally as well as disposables - if not better, and can just be thrown in with all your other cloth diaper laundry), our diaper sprayer (for hosing poo into the toilet - without the risk of getting it on your hands),some cloth diaper friendly rash cream (CJ's BUTT-er), and of course - some cloth diapers!! I had ordered Fuzzibunz in Kumquat (orange) and Buttercream (light yellow) along with a "very cherry" (red) Best Bottoms shell and a Happy Heiny's pocket diaper in a glow-in-the-dark Skull Print!!


I generally buy my cloth diapers and accessories from Kelly's Closet (kellyscloset.com) because they offer promotions from time to time, where if you spend a certain amount of money, you get a free one-size diaper with your order. This time, I got two Rump-a-Rooz. The colors (bright yellow and bright orange) wouldn't have been my first choice, and I probably would have chosen snaps over aplix (velcro) fasteners, but I've heard great things about Rump-a-Rooz!! They are a bit on the pricey side (starting at $23.50 each) compared to our Fuzzibunz and Best Bottoms (more about that later), and I haven't been able to make myself shell out the money for them. So, I am super excited to get to try them out (for free)!!


So, all-in-all, Saturday was a great day! Let's hope that Sunday brings more great things! :-)

2 comments: